The aim of this competition is to encourage and reward,
- design excellence on a humanitarian issue which integrates function, aesthetics and structural ingenuity, improving the lives of people in Nepal.
-Research, respond to and highlight the unique aspects of design through consideration of contextual + environmental factors.
-Encourage sustainable design that provides a secure, long lasting building proposal for the charity partners and its benefactors.
- See your design built and aid in improving the life's of young women and their families.
The Site is located on the edge of Devachuli, close to a river and currently is made up of agricultural fields. It is a long rectilinear site that runs from east to west and is 100m by 13.5m. The client team would like to construct the building on 50% of the site leaving the rest of the site for garden and parking. All proposals should include (approx. areas given in m2):
- Reception and admin area (15m2)
- 2x washrooms (each with 6 toilets)
- 2x large training halls (300m2)
- 3x office rooms (16m2)
- 2x ensuite guest rooms (20m2)
- 1x multi-purpose storage area (15m2)
Winning proposals will consider the following factors,
- Each proposal should include 3x A3 panels (combined in a PDF to include): 1x full page render, and 2x pages with plans, sections and elevations along with any other information that supports the main elements of your design. Please note you will recieve a site plan, google map location, short video of the site, unique reference number and information on how/where to upload your proposal when you have completed the registration process.
- The selected winning design will be built this year with secured funding... This is your chance to see your design make a real difference!
9 excellent projects will receive honourable mentions along with the press pack released with the winning announcement.
The Considerations - Proposals should;
- be a maximum of 2 storeys in height.
- carefully consider the seismic activity in the zone.
- use design to provide a safe welcoming space for local user groups.
FEB 15 LAUNCH
APRIL 1 REGISTRATION deadline
APRIL 10 SUBMISSION deadline
APRIL 24 ANNOUNCE winners
Fee + Registration:
- This single stage competition is open to all. Fees will support this and other building trust charitable projects.
Say Hello If you have any questions, queries or would like to write to us for more information on any of our charity building projects and design briefs, please fill in the form and we will get back to you as soon as we can...